If you've ever been to NYC before, you know it's a city where things just… happen. The minute you step out of your front door, you are guaranteed to see or experience something that makes you laugh out loud, shocks you or leaves you shaking your head in bemusement, thinking "Only in New York…"
|- Body art (L) and an interesting service (R)... -|
|- The pigeon man in Washington Square Park -|
|- Performers on the High line -|
· Fabulous friend P. was post-workout in her gym clothes and a big pair of sunglasses when someone stopped her on the street to ask for her autograph
· Late one night I was hailing a cab with lovely husband C. and a group of friends when a man walked past me, blatantly looked me up and down in that New York way and said "Your outfit rocks!"… I felt like I'd passed a critical test I didn't know I was taking
· Another friend A., was at her local bakery when she was approached and asked if she was famous… because she looked like she should be
· I was walking down the footpath one day with lovely husband C. when a man bowed and then cleared the footpath so we could walk uninterrupted for a few meters… um, strange but hilarious
And it's not just the girls… the guys have some interesting stories as well
· Friend AC. was waiting for his wife on the street when a stranger came up and kissed his 8 month old daughter on the forehead before commenting on how cute she was
· On his way to the gym early one morning lovely husband C. found himself being yelled at by a man convinced the devil was after him. Needless to say lovely husband C. go to the gym in record time… a little scary
So tell me – have you got any interesting New York stories? Does this sort of stuff happen in your home city?
From New York, with love xox